Friday, January 21, 2011

What's new in Audiobooks?

We've got a whole new bunch of books-on-CD here in the Children's Room. If you haven't tried listening to an audiobook lately, you're missing out on a great thing. Over the years, the quality of production and performance has improved by leaps and bounds. Even a passionate book-lover like myself has to admit that there are a few favorite books I've never actually read--just listened to! Here are some of my favorite new arrivals:
Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer
Okay, here is one of my absolutely-tops-best-favorite audiobooks. In fact, I'm going to admit that I'm not even sure if I've read any of the books!! My family and I discovered this series on audio, and Nathanial Parker does such an amazing job of narrating that I jumped at the chance to listen to each new audio in the series. If you love Artemis Fowl, you'll love this audio---if you've never read any of the books, you'll love getting to know them by listening!


Where the Mountain Meets the Moon by Grace Lin
This was one of my favorite books last year, and I thought that it just begged to be read aloud. Janet Song's narration comes highly recommended, so I'm really looking forward to listening to it!









The Best Bad Luck I Ever Had by Kristin Levine

One of my sixth-graders recommended this book to me last year, and it's one of those stories that just sticks with you long after you finish reading. It's the story of a white boy and a black girl in a small Alabama town before the days of the Civil Rights Movement. By turns funny, sad, poignant, and suspenseful, I enjoyed this book from beginning to end.I'm going to take this one home this weekend!

Come on in and check out some of our new audiobooks for yourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment