Sunday, September 12, 2010

Greetings from Miss Sarah!







Hi there! I am Miss Sarah, the new Head of Children's Services here at the Amherst Town Library. I met several of our families this summer, when I presented storytimes to our young children. In the week-and-a-half since I've been here full-time, I've met lots more! I am so pleasantly surprised and pleased at the incredibly warm welcome I've received. So many of you have come in to say "hi" and introduce yourselves that I'm sure it will be a while before I get all of your names straight, but I will, I promise! In the meantime, I thought you might all like to know a little bit about me---Miss Sue gave me a list of questions to answer before I arrived, but if you didn't get a chance to look at the bulletin board where she displayed the answers, you might still be wondering....
* I live in Lee, NH---it's near UNH, and it takes me a little while to drive here, but it's a pretty drive, and I really don't mind it.
*I have a husband, Peter, and three children--Emma, Nora, and Andy. We all read a LOT except for Andy---he gives me lots of experience trying to find books for children who don't necessarily love to read.
*I've worked with children and their families as a daycare director, a kindergarten teacher, and a children's librarian for years and years. I tell myself that when I stop thinking each new group of toddlers that I meet is the cutest bunch yet, or when I stop having a blast talking with my fifth-graders about books, maybe it will be time to do something else, but that never seems to happen!
*I really can't decide on a favorite book---I love so many! I guess I'd have to admit that I have a special fondness for fantasy---The Lord of the Rings, The Black Cauldron, Harry Potter, Dealing with Dragons, Ranger's Apprentice, etc., etc., but I also adore animal stories, mysteries, and just plain good stories about people. Like I said, I really can't decide. I read lots and lots of children's chapter books, and can hardly wait to get some book groups up and running, so I can talk with all of you about the books YOU'RE reading.

That's enough about me---come on in and visit me in the Children's Room, and tell me something about YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment